[LINK] Would you trust a password tester??

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Wed Jul 27 08:54:37 AEST 2011

On 26/07/2011 1:02 PM, Roger Clarke wrote:
> (We need a fish-related metaphor for volunteering your password, or
>> trapping yourself ...

How about "Netting Wood Ducks" as the term for fooling online users into
giving up their passwords?

1. Wood Duck: sales term for a easily fooled customer,
2. Netting: used for catching wood ducks:
http://www.tnducks.com/cgi-local/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1284300045

"Netting" can also be used to described someone using the Internet.

The term "net phishing" is in limited use. I was going to suggest "Phish
Net", but this is a web site for the group Phish: http://phish.net/

--
Tom Worthington FACS CP HLM, TomW Communications Pty Ltd. t: 0419496150
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617, Australia  http://www.tomw.net.au

Adjunct Senior Lecturer, Research School of Computer Science,
Australian National University http://cs.anu.edu.au/courses/COMP7310/
Visiting Scientist, CSIRO ICT Centre: http://bit.ly/csiro_ict_canberra