[LINK] Indonesia Overtaking Australia with Wireless Internet

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Sat Jun 4 09:07:19 AEST 2011

At 01:27 PM 3/06/2011, Tom Koltai wrote:
>the NBN is a
>necessary adjunct unless Australia can find approximately an additional
>950 MHz of Spectrum for the wireless Carriers.

I'm curious. Is there any work going on to increase the amount of
throughput and multiplexing within a frequency allocation? We keep
talking about the way fibre expansion can happen with better end
equipment replacement. Are there similar advancements in the R&D
centres for wifi as well?

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com