[LINK] Cate, California and Carbon Taxes...Re: Death threats to Australian climate scientists

David Boxall david.boxall at hunterlink.net.au
Tue Jun 7 07:58:07 AEST 2011

On 6/06/2011 5:24 PM, Marghanita da Cruz wrote:
> Somewhere, I heard a comment along the lines..."Cate Blanchette lives in
> Hollywood for half the time, and won't have to pay, so she shouldn't
> comment/her opinion doesn't count".
>
> Noting, Hollywood is in California, I found this:
>>

>> SAN FRANCISCO | Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:38am EST
>>
>> SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - California begins a market for greenhouse gases next year and prices will rise several times over between 2012 and 2020 under the plan to address climate change, Thomson Reuters research firm Point Carbon forecasts in a new report.
>>
>> It forecast the price of carbon would rise from about $13 per metric ton in 2012 to $75 per ton in 2020.....

One of the things that puzzles me is that nobody mentions Australia's
state-based emissions trading.
<http://www.jws.com.au/media/download/NSW%20sneaks%20in%20a%20state%20based%20carbon%20trading%20scheme.pdf>
That lapsed at Rudd's election, on the promise of a national scheme.

If the sky fell in consequence, I must have forgotten about it.
Post-traumatic stress, perhaps. ;)

--
David Boxall                    |  Dogs look up to us
                                |  And cats look down on us
http://david.boxall.id.au       |  But pigs treat us as equals
                                                    --Winston Churchill