[LINK] 5 Reasons Why E-Books Aren't There Yet

Richard Chirgwin rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au
Thu Jun 9 06:52:03 AEST 2011

Kim,

On 8/06/11 8:30 PM, Kim Holburn wrote:
> Wifi has a much lower output than cell phones and covers only a small range of frequencies.  Cell phones have the capability to reach a few kilometres, wifi just around the house.
I've seen various TV tests - eg, MythBusters - trying to detect the
effect of one mobile phone, with zero result. I don't know that anyone's
run a similar test with 50 or 100 mobiles all trying to log into a base
station at once, which is what would happen many times as a plane passed
over various towers. It would, in radio terms, get very noisy inside the
plane.

RC