[LINK] FW: FW: SMH: '4800 Aussie sites evaporate after hack'

Marghanita da Cruz marghanita at ramin.com.au
Wed Jun 22 12:44:55 AEST 2011

Paul Koerbin wrote:
> Oops. I misunderstood. It's not the Whirlpool forum that has gone - though if it does ...
>
> Is there a list of sites that were lost? If they were on the .au domain and if they did not have robots.txt exclusions, then the NLA may have copies or if not us, the Internet Archive. This would not retrieve the original files but all or some of the content at least may not be lost.

<snip>

The robots.txt is a really interesting point.

The Sydney Linux Users Group (SLUG) is currently redeveloping our website
and, I have raised the issue of minding the old content via the web
archive, in my proposed new about file. If the NLA has archived the slug
content (mailing lists, wikis, website), let me know as a link to that
archive would be appropriate...see
<http://ramin.com.au/linux/about-slug.shtml>

Marghanita
--