[LINK] twitter follow spam bots

Kim Holburn kim at holburn.net
Thu Jun 23 21:41:52 AEST 2011

I have a twitter account.  Mainly because I thought that one day I might try and work out what twitter was about and how to use it, and because every now and then tv shows like qanda tell me I can twitter messages to them although I have never worked out how to do that.   I have never been interested in posting anything on twitter, nevertheless recently I seem to have acquired two followers!!  Their accounts are filled with tweets that are strangely similar and seem like they have been generated by a poor script version of Elisa.

Perhaps there is some king of twitter follow spam system?

A quick google gives me how to stop twitter-bot spam.
http://jaysontcote.com/2009/08/twitter-management-stop-follower-spam/

Oh dear.

And how to unfollow followers:
https://support.twitter.com/entries/15355-how-to-unfollow-users-on-twitter

Hmmmm, this account is probably more trouble than it's worth.

--
Kim Holburn
IT Network & Security Consultant