[LINK] Google to digitise 250,000 British Library books

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Fri Jun 24 08:41:06 AEST 2011

On 23/06/11 10:26, Michael Skeggs mike at bystander.net wrote:

> ... their rare manuscripts exhibition is excellent. ...

Yes, the rare manuscripts at the British Library are worth a look. Their
"turn the page" simulation is clever:
<http://www.bl.uk/onlinegallery/ttp/ttpbooks.html>.

> ... if you are anywhere near King's Cross station in London.

While in the area, I recommend a walk along the Regent's Canal towpath
from Thornhill Bridge Community Gardens in Caledonian Road (behind the
station), to the London Canal Museum in New Wharf Road:
<http://www.islington.gov.uk/Environment/outdoor/parks/your_parks/greenspace_az/greenspace_t/thornhill_bridge.asp>.

--
Tom Worthington FACS CP HLM, TomW Communications Pty Ltd. t: 0419496150
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617, Australia  http://www.tomw.net.au