[LINK] classification of Apps? What next?

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Wed Jun 29 07:57:37 AEST 2011

[note, this is Liberal dominated, not ALP like the past]
http://www.theage.com.au/digital-life/digital-life-news/apps-games-could-be-classified-to-ensure-unity-20110628-1gp5s.html

Apps, games could be classified to ensure 'unity'
  Karl Quinn
June 29, 2011

  Mobile phone apps and games may be subject to classification.
Photo: Suzanne White

MAKERS of mobile phone apps and games could be made to submit their
products for classification if the recommendations of a senate
inquiry are adopted.

The Liberal-dominated committee of review into the National
Classification Scheme has urged an expansion of regulation in
Australia so that the scheme ''should apply equally to all content,
regardless of the medium of delivery''.

[more at the link]
[what next? We are already facing anti-blue-language law in Victoria
(also Liberal Govt, btw). This is getting ridiculous. It smacks of
the 'technology neutral' stuff we saw in the days of Senator Dick
Alston running Communications.]
Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com