[LINK] Monsanto and Haliburton

Craig Sanders cas at taz.net.au
Wed Jun 29 11:29:29 AEST 2011

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 02:50:55PM +0000, stephen at melbpc.org.au wrote:
> Just for the Link archive records
>
> The two most EVIL companies in the world ... Monsanto and Haliburton.
>
> Eg, typing Monsanto into Google, the third suggestion is 'Monsanto
> Evil'

yes, well, Monsanto and their ilk are why i'm against GM crops.

I've got nothing against genetic engineering technology itself - there
are countless ways that human design can improve on evolution. for
plants, animals, AND people.  "Natural" isn't always better.

my problem is that these bastards want to own the entire food supply,
and that their GM "improvements" serve themselves (by creating a lock-in
to their seeds, their fertilisers, their pesticides, etc) far more than
they serve anyone else.

the fact that they sue non-GM farmers whose crops are contaminated
by their GM pollen is ample proof of that. they should be paying
compensation for contamination rather than suing for patent
infringement.

if patenting genes and GM procedures were prohibited world-wide, i'd be
in favour. until then, i'm against GM.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas at taz.net.au>