[LINK] 500,000 Gmail accounts go offline

grove at zeta.org.au grove at zeta.org.au
Wed Mar 2 09:35:57 AEDT 2011

On Wed, 2 Mar 2011, Johann Kruse wrote:

> " 500,000 Gmail accounts go offline, some users lose all their data "
>
> http://www.geek.com/articles/geek-pick/500000-gmail-accounts-go-offline-some-users-lose-all-their-data-20110228/
>

> What do Linkers think about the ramifications of this to business
> communications stored in a consumer cloud email environment?

Only that <some uni> has already committed student email to outsourced
Microsoft "Live at edu" and so will eventually reap what they have sown.

I wait with bated breath the first casualties of the "Microsoft ate my thesis" scenario.

rachel

--
Rachel Polanskis                 Kingswood, Greater Western Sydney, Australia
grove at zeta.org.au                http://www.zeta.org.au/~grove/grove.html