[LINK] Righting the Copyright Imbalance

Tom Koltai tomk at unwired.com.au
Fri Mar 4 10:49:53 AEDT 2011

<SNIP>
> At question time the issue of the government use of creative
> commons was raised. In my view there is a problem for the
> government caused by the Attorney General's Department
> failure to finalise guidelines on its use:
> <http://webguide.gov.au/information-access/copyright-copyright
-notices/>.

>This is of interest as I am running a course for public sevants on how
<implement such policies: <http://cs.anu.edu.au/courses/COMP7420/>.
<In the absence of clear guidelines, I will have to get the students to
write them.

And you are telling us this because you feel that students wouldn't do
as good a job at writing official policy as our politicians ?
Sorry Tom, I'm not sure that I agree with that.
I think your students will write excellent policy...

Now if you let me sponsor the Tequilla and Steak night the day before
they write said policy, I'm sure I can enlighten them as to what they
are thinking.

TomK