[LINK] Outsourcing and Privatization

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Sun Mar 6 22:23:07 AEDT 2011

At 10:04 PM 6/03/2011, stephen at melbpc.org.au you wrote:

>On Library Street in Reston, Va., one obscure business, the MERS
>Corporation, claims to hold the title for nearly half of all the home
>mortgages in America — an astonishing $60 million in loans.

Stephen, that figure doesn't pass the common
sense test. There must be Billions of home
mortages in the US, not $120,000,000 (twice the half mentioned).

I went to the original article.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/06/business/06mers.html?_r=1&ref=business
It's not "$60 million in loans", it's 60 million loans.

Where did you get that version?

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com

Our truest response to the irrationality of the
world is to paint or sing or write, for only in such response do we find truth.
~Madeline L'Engle, writer