[LINK] I don't hate Macs, but...

Ivan Trundle ivan at itrundle.com
Tue Mar 15 21:04:02 AEDT 2011

iTunes wasn't invented for people who have an understanding of computing innards. For many, it is an ecosystem which keeps things simple.

However, there are those who wish it was what it used to be. In which case, ditch it and choose whatever you want. Stay out of the iDevice ecosystem.

An iDevice can still be used as an external disk drive, there are plenty of free apps that give you this functionality. Without iTunes. I cannot understand why people complain about this: a 5-second Google search is all it takes.

What's the big deal about drag and drop? You drag and drop files into iTunes, which you then use to sync any number of devices: it's no limitation to most users. Possibly not expert curmudgeons.

iT

--
Ivan Trundle
http://itrundle.com ivan at itrundle.com ph 0418 244 259