[LINK] Radiation

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Wed Mar 16 14:20:00 AEDT 2011

Jan writes,

> It's a fluid, wicked problem ..

Yes. However as far as world energy generation is concerned, it might be
that any increasing FUD is a good thing, in terms of future energy needs.

Tom Cochran, senior scientist in the nuclear program at the US Natural
Resources Defense Council, says 'We've watched Exxon Valdez, the BP oil
spill, numerous coal mining accidents, Chernobyl, TMI, now Fukushima and
TVA (Tennessee Valley Authority) reactors giving way. You have got to ask
yourself, how many wake-up calls do you need before you get serious about
building a safe, renewable-energy world economy."

Nuclear-reactor energy sure is one good thing to have fear, uncertainty
and doubt about. This seems healthy to me, and surely not irrational in
terms of future world energy needs. If FUD prevents another plant, good!

Cheers,
Stephen