[LINK] Radiation

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Thu Mar 17 15:29:11 AEDT 2011

> > The report said (workers) had been evacuated, but were back, either
> > 50 or 180 people.
>
> "They have not been able to get close to the spent rods, as even with
> protective clothing it only stops workers from breathing in radioactive
> particles, not from radiation itself," Dr Peter Hosemann PHD of the
> University of California Berkeley Nuclear Engineering Department said
> Tuesday."

"The top U.S. nuclear regulator cast doubt on emergency workers' ability
to cool overheating reactors, saying radiation levels may give them
"lethal doses" of radiation.

"We believe that around the reactor site there are high levels of
radiation," said Gregory Jaczko. "It would be very difficult for
emergency workers to get near the reactors. The doses they could
experience would potentially be lethal doses in a very short period of
time."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/03/16/us-nuclear-usa-
idUSTRE72C2UW20110316

> <http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/03/16/us-japan-nuclear-pool-
> idUSTRE72F8VN20110316>
>

> Regards,
> Stephen

Message sent using MelbPC WebMail Server