[LINK] Is it just me, or is this daft?

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Fri Mar 18 01:09:32 AEDT 2011

> > We're a power plant, right?  Power is what we produce ..
>
> Oops. (which is perhaps the most terrifying word after all.. )

And what is now produced with that 'oops' is domestic, and world, anger.

Anger vocalized many times by Japanese, on media tonight, and by me now!

Japan is the third most powerful economy in the world. And, a few months
ago, the second largest economy. Yet, I hear Japanese people saying that
no one, especially the power company, or government, is out-putting info.

This is in what's supposedly one of the world's most-connected countries.

And, personally, my fiancée is teaching primary school in a tiny village
in the Philippines. Like everyone in this village, she cooks dinner over
an open fire, with vegetables from her garden, and, the catch of the day.
Then, she spends hours preparing edu-materials for her children tomorrow.

There's no television on her tiny tropical island, and one radio station
which closes at 5pm. She can not readily find out about Japan, nor about
any fallout from Japan, which a rich country & not that far to her north.

Yet this rich and well connected country is apparently not communicating
much at all to their own people, and even less to us, and nothing to her.

I apologize to link if I've seemed anxious about nuclear energy, & Japan.
But, my fiancée and I have a strong personal interest! I'm ANGRY at this.

One of the world's richest countries, may soon poison one of the poorest.

And my future wife (one month), and all her village, might not even know.

Again forgive my anger at this, and my sympathy with the Japanese people.

Regards,
Stephen

Message sent using MelbPC WebMail Server