[LINK] Nuclear power stations.

Ivan Trundle ivan at itrundle.com
Sat Mar 19 12:03:40 AEDT 2011

On 19/03/2011, at 11:31 AM, Fernando Cassia wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 10:14 PM, Kim Holburn <kim at holburn.net> wrote:
>> No diesel generator just in case!  How did they even start the system up?
>
> I remember reading that generators were available, but were flooded by
> the tsunami.

This has been mentioned in a number of reports: on-site diesel generation serving the units were mostly crippled by the tsunami: the waves were higher than that modelled, and the facility's protective barriers were breached.

I predict that there will be a wave of criticism of the media in weeks to come: I've read on some Japanese sites that they are already annoyed and amazed by the western media's reaction.

One day we will know the full story...

iT

--
Ivan Trundle