[LINK] Please help keep this building a Comic Sans free zone

Ivan Trundle ivan at itrundle.com
Sat Mar 19 12:10:47 AEDT 2011

On 19/03/2011, at 11:44 AM, Roger Clarke wrote:

> Wasn't there something along these lines in the font-set that came
> with the original Mac OS 1.0 in 1984?

All original Mac font had a world cities associated with it (thanks to Steve Jobs): Chicago, New York, Geneva, Monaco...

Each font was designed by Susan Kare, who also designed the original Mac OS icon set.

'Los Angeles' was a cursive hand-wirtten style, but few used it.

'San Francisco' was perfect for ransom notes.

The full list (from memory: and I still have an Imagewriter somewhere) was Athen, Cairo, Chicago, Geneva, Los Angeles, Monaco, New York, San Francisco, Venice - though I've also seen Toronto, London and a bitmapped dingbat style font, which used to be known as Taliesin, but changed to something else later on, or was dropped.

iT

--
Ivan Trundle
http://itrundle.com ivan at itrundle.com ph 0418 244 259