[LINK] Nuclear power stations.

Chris Maltby chris at sw.oz.au
Sun Mar 20 19:26:03 AEDT 2011

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 03:35:07PM +1100, Bernard Robertson-Dunn wrote:
> In fact there appear to be two problems
>
> 1. How do we reduce the impact of greenhouse gases on the environment
> (and there are a number of assumptions in that statement)
>
> 2. How do we deal with a climate that seems to be changing in such a way
> that it is having an increasingly negative impact on society.
>
> I don't see how a carbon tax, or even green energy is going to help the
> second. In fact I haven't seen any proposed solutions to the second.

Bernard,

It seems clear that the best answer to Q1 is "keep the concentration of
such gases as low as it can reasonably be." Your answer to how much is
reasonable is tied up in the answer to Q2. At the moment the answer to
Q2 is the time-honoured one of "we'll muddle through somehow", without
a lot of thought about what might be in train if we continue not coming
up with an answer to Q1.

Chris