[LINK] xxx approved

Scott Howard scott at doc.net.au
Mon Mar 21 04:13:10 AEDT 2011

> Lawley has pitched the suffix as a way for
> parents to more easily block access to the content. He argues it will
> be easier for Web filtering software to block ".xxx" sites since they
> are clearly labeled as porn."

And if porn sites were going to be restricted to be only in .xxx then this
might be a valid reason for it - but we all know that's not going to be
case.

All of the recent TLD domain names have just become one more domain that a
company needs to register, but it (almost) never means that they will not
also have a .com and/or local country domain.

If you want to book a flight with Qantas do you go to www.qantas.travel ? Or
do you just go to qantas.com or qantas.com.au ?  Does anyone actually
believe that the existence of the .travel domain has helped Qantas, or is it
just extra $$$ they need to pay per year?  Does anyone believe that Playboy
or Redtube are going to give up their .com addresses and move over to just
being .xxx?

  Scott