[LINK] SMH: 'Facebook leads attack on internet filter'

Kim Holburn kim at holburn.net
Tue Mar 22 13:40:09 AEDT 2011

Doesn't make it any better.

Here is some info on facebook account blocking:

http://nabtron.com/facebook-account-blocked-how-to-solveget-it-back-now/1605/

Note you can be blocked for among other things:
> Use of a fake name

I read recently of a chinese dissident being blocked because of a fake name.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/08/michael-anti-facebook_n_832771.html

Apparently they blocked everyone with the name "anti".

http://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/g01v2/chinese_dissident_creates_a_facebook_account/c1jxcju

This of course reeks of complete incompetance and only a medium amount of malice.