[LINK] Moderator Censorship

Ivan Trundle ivan at itrundle.com
Mon Mar 28 18:08:48 AEDT 2011

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 04:32:24PM +1100, Antony Barry wrote:

> To quote the Housekeeper, Tillie in "Guess Who's coming to dinner", if
> my memory serves me - "All hell done broke loose"

TIllie again: 'Civil rights is one thing. This here is somethin' else...'

Robin did what he thought necessary to protect and improve Link, but ultimately fell on his sword due to the reaction that he received from some subscribers. He has decided to no longer bear the responsibility of being a Link list owner. I thank him publicly for his enthusiasm and support of Link, and his desire to keep Link vibrant and relevant. I hope that his enthusiasm is not diminished.

I (nor Robin) have yet to receive comment from Martin, but there is now an opportunity to determine if a replacement Amigo is warranted.

Perhaps it isn't, and in any event, link ownership duties (managing pending requests from non-subscribers, dealing with spam, etc) is both trivial and very infrequent.

I'm not sure that anyone will eagerly step forward after this extended discourse.

Nonetheless, Link will continue to be self-healing, self-moderating, self-balancing - with nurturing from its constituent parts (subscribers), as any healthy organism is expected to do so.

...Or perhaps I'm a pontificating old poop (to quote from the same movie, once more).

Warmly

iT