[LINK] WebSockets

Ivan Trundle ivan at itrundle.com
Tue Mar 29 10:27:06 AEDT 2011

On 29/03/2011, at 10:08 AM, Roger Clarke wrote:

> Okay, where the application is corporation-with-employee/contractor,
> the notion of consent needs to be handled differently.  But even then
> I'd argue that a remote user needs to have their hand on the
> throttle, to cater for lousy bandwidth and competing priorities for
> the available line-capacity.

Don't disagree at all, Roger - but in the application of tools such as iMEET!, where the system is self-contained and delivered as a package to a group (including the provision of the computer and interface), there are no competing priorities.

There are times when the concept of the user NOT being in control is beneficial. But only in special circumstances, such as your suggestion of corporation-with-employee, or as I have described with collaborative technology processes.

Warmly

iT

--
Ivan Trundle