[LINK] To moderate or not to moderate - that is the question Re: I am no longer one of Link's Three Amigos

Marghanita da Cruz marghanita at ramin.com.au
Wed Mar 30 09:46:20 AEDT 2011

Hello Robin (Phil please indulge me),

Tony could probably write more fully on this, but as I have
established and still run another mailing list, I will
provide my 2c worth.

Moderation on a mailing list is a technical term. Link is
not a moderated list. By not being a moderated list, the
poster, rather than moderator(s) are accountable for what
they post.

Owners can get sensitive if people unsubscribe from a
mailing list - but c'est la vie.

Tony has from time to time given some guidance but also
provided lots of leeway for members to wander down side roads.

Owners may need to delete postings from the Archive (ANU's
website) and ban Spammers from the list.

I hope you will recall why you put your hand up in the first
place and reconsider your resignation and give the job of
ensuring Link is still around in another 5 years a go.

Marghanita

FWIW There is a sufficient Charter on the Link homepage.