[LINK] bin Laden is dead

Antony Barry tony at tony-barry.emu.id.au
Thu May 5 16:33:27 AEST 2011

On 04/05/2011, at 2:37 PM, Fernando Cassia wrote:

> [1] "Australia's largely successful transition to the metric system
> contrasts with the ongoing opposition to metrication in the United
> States"
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metrication_in_Australia

I find it amusing that the US which broke it's chains with with british first seems to be the last bastion of British Imperial Measures. Pity they didn't keep pounds, shillings and pence as well ;^)

Which reminds me at my local club beer just hit $4:30. I remember when it went to 18c and that was only for a middy!

Tony
Phone: 02 6241 7659, Mobile: 04 3365 2400, Skype: antonybbarry
Email: tony at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au, antonybbarry at me.com, antonybbarry at gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/people/antonybbarry
http://tony-barry.emu.id.au