[LINK] OT: bin Laden is dead

grove at zeta.org.au grove at zeta.org.au
Mon May 9 09:17:47 AEST 2011

On Sun, 8 May 2011, Fernando Cassia wrote:

> On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 7:27 PM, Webb, KerryA <KerryA.Webb at act.gov.au> wrote:
>> Or perhaps not a good choice. ?I've read that Native Americans have objected to its use.
>>
>> Kerry
>
> Use of 'Geronimo' code for Osama bin Laden irks tribes
> http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20110506_16_A1_CUTLIN735089
>
> And there?s also the parachuters? yell
>
> http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1119/why-do-parachutists-yell-geronimo

This reminds of a story....  There are some paratroopers training for D-Day
and they are just about to go out the door.   The jump instructor tells everyone
to yell "Geronimo!" when they pull the ripcord.  And so it goes.....

About 5 minutes after the last paratrooper is dispatched, the flight sergeant hears
a knocking at the rear door of the plane.   He opens the door and there's an
almost frozen paratrooper hanging on by a finger.

He says "What was the name of that indian again?"!

rachel

--
Rachel Polanskis                 Kingswood, Greater Western Sydney, Australia
grove at zeta.org.au                http://www.zeta.org.au/~grove/grove.html