[LINK] The US backed and trained al-Qaeda

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Tue May 10 17:04:31 AEST 2011

Martin Barry wrote:

> I haven't checked out your source but my understanding was that the USA has
> never backed nor trained al-Qaeda nor OBL, the whole CIA thing is a myth.

There's more to it. If Al Qaeda itself does not exist, there is no-one
to train.

<http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&q=al+qaeda+is+a+myth>

For example: "Al Qaeda as an organisation was also an illusion -- the idea of
a world wide terrorist organisation, with branches in hundreds of countries
taking orders from Bin Laden was and still is a myth, as this excellent BBC
series <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Power_of_Nightmares> outlines."

taken from <http://ssy.org.uk/2011/05/bin-ladens-death-and-the-al-qaeda-myth/>

"The Power of Nightmares" is reocmmended viewing.

I've always pondered the veracity of Al Qaeda as an international organ
of terror. It seemed to pop up out of nowhere as a very convenient
scapegoat and target of CIA goons to become America's needed national
enemy and war machine hobby after the collapse of the Iron Curtain.

<http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=7787>

has lots more on the subject.

cheers
rickw