[LINK] Professional Ethics and Social Issues in Networked Information Systems

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Thu May 12 08:19:30 AEST 2011

I would welcome any comments, corrections, or additions for my lecture
on "Professional Ethics and Social Issues in Networked Information
Systems", in the course Networked Information Systems
(COMP2410/COMP6340) at the Australian
National University:
<http://www.tomw.net.au/technology/it/professional_ethics/>.

In this I discuss:

* ACS Code of Ethics, as that is the one I am most familiar with,
* Government Certification of Professionals, under Professional
Standards Legislation, coordinated by the Standing Committee of
Attorneys General,
* Guidelines for Expert Witnesses, in the Federal Court of Australia,
* The example of the Australian Parliament's Hansard as search-able web
content: what happens if the government tells you to change history?
* The Design of Emergency Warning Systems: Can the Internet be used to
issue direct warnings to the general public?

--
Tom Worthington FACS CP HLM, TomW Communications Pty Ltd. t: 0419496150
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617, Australia  http://www.tomw.net.au