[LINK] There goes the neighbourhood...

Kim Holburn kim at holburn.net
Thu May 12 18:05:47 AEST 2011

I think you are all missing the point.  ICMP redirect is involved in TCP data stack talk and involves a short discussion between a router or possible router and a TCP sender.  Other things mentioned are short technical discussions at the IP level.

On the other hand *EVERY* VOIP data packet carries IP addresses in the data part of the packet along with voice or video or other data.  This is not stack to stack talk, this is at the application layer and is irrelevant to the IP layer.

From:
http://www.technodata.org/files/technical/H323-NAT%20Technical%20Guide.htm