[LINK] Google Blogger Not Updating

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Sat May 14 11:07:07 AEST 2011

Roger Clarke wrote:
> At 2:17 PM +1000 13/5/11, Tom Worthington wrote:
>> ps: It is a little frustrating not being able to blog ...

According to Google, Blogger was unable to accept updates for 20.5
hours: <http://buzz.blogger.com/2011/05/blogger-is-back.html>.

> It wouldn't be of you ran your own service and didn't have an
> unnecessary dependency on a provider ...

I am able to blog again, but yes you are quite right. I have now planted
some seedlings, to grow some trees, for the wood to make my own clacks
tower. ;-)

ps: Pop culture reference: "Clacks" is a term from Terry Pratchett's
Discworld series for a a semaphore system, poking fun at the Internet world:
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technology_of_the_Discworld#The_clacks>.

pps:There is a real semaphore station in Princes Park, Hobart:
<http://www.tomw.net.au/2004/tas2004/>.

ppps: One of the students in my ANU ethics lecture for IT professionals
on Thursday was reading a Diskworld novel during the break. Perhaps I
should use examples from Diskworld to illustrate ethical dilemmas for
"clacks professionals"? This would be along the likes of "Make it so:
Leadership Lessons from Star Trek The Next Generation":
<http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Leadership-Lessons-Generation/dp/0671520989>

pppps: My updated Ethics notes, with videos from Phillip Argy (but no
clacks), are at:
<http://www.tomw.net.au/technology/it/professional_ethics/>.

--
Tom Worthington FACS CP HLM, TomW Communications Pty Ltd. t: 0419496150
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617, Australia  http://www.tomw.net.au