[LINK] Picture Australia Demise....Re: who owns the information was Re: Google Blogger Not Updating

Marghanita da Cruz marghanita at ramin.com.au
Tue May 17 12:55:44 AEST 2011

Jan Whitaker wrote:
> At 02:04 PM 14/05/2011, Marghanita da Cruz wrote:
>> Though at the same time, I hear Picture Australia is being
>> decommissioned, so I have to update the older links, in my
>> mashup...
>
> Are they moving it somewhere or destroying it? The latter would be a
> real shame.

<snip>

There seems to be nothing on the picture australia
website,<http://www.pictureaustralia.org/about/index.html>,
though the libarians at the NSW State Library confirmed the demise.

So, maybe it will be a transparent demise (I hope so). ie everything will
be available through Trove (which it pretty much is now) and aggregated
with images from other sources (I recall there was an issue with
contributing stuff to Picture Australia). NLA's Newspapers online had a
transparent demise...ie the old sub-domain name/links still work.

I love Trove as it allows for crowd surfing - which according to the
Librarians, is seditious to those in the Catalogue branch. My contribution
is a link about the history of "The Annandale Post Office":
<http://ramin.com.au/annandale/story-annandale-post-office.shtml>
added at: <http://trove.nla.gov.au/work/35981784>

Marghanita
--