[LINK] welcome to the age of keyboards

Steven Clark steven.clark at internode.on.net
Wed May 18 19:19:11 AEST 2011

if only more emphasis was placed upon *what* one was writing, rather than *how* o.O

that said, there is still a very live place for handwriting. even in todays more enlightened world, keyboards are not always available (the shame!), and a handwritten love note still has power that a blinking cursor is hard pressed to replace.

also, if one's handwriting were more legible than my own, those carefully scribbled notes left for partners or colleagues might have been more nearly as useful as i had hoped!

from Steven via Bandersnatch, a frumious iPad

On 17/05/2011, at 1:33 PM, "Michael Skeggs mike at bystander.net" <mskeggs at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 14 May 2011 08:49, Jan Whitaker <jwhit at janwhitaker.com> wrote:
>
>> [I find the way kids in Australia are taught to write bizarre
>> (disconnected cursive of some type), but this is just story below is
>> just crazy.]
>>

> My NSW school spent months and months teaching me cursive, which I never
> use.

i learned four different kinds of cursive/running script. at least two with a dip pen - and two with a ball-point pen. all of which have collapsed into a messy shorthand after years of uni notes ...