[LINK] It's Queensland - (sorry to Qlders)

Tom Koltai tomk at unwired.com.au
Wed May 18 22:24:14 AEST 2011

OK this one I have to comment on.

But to ensure I don't get a knock on the door at 3:00 am, we'll call
this one "A Fairy Tale".

Since the beginning of time, it has been the accepted norm that when
police attend domestic disputes, they chat to the bloke, chat to the
lady, chat to the bloke again and leave after inferring that they won't
be quite so amiable if they have to come back.

Unfortunately, someone in the force decided that we couldn't have all
these visits to domestic disputes without some paper work being filed.
It skewed the numbers and made the members of the constabulary look
inefficient by lowering the number of arrests versus the number of
complaints attended.

Therefore the word went out... If you elect not to charge anyone at a
Domestic, (three pages of charge sheets) then you have to write a 50,000
word explanation as to why no one was charged.

Miraculously, the number of persons being charged in Domestic disputes,
suddenly went through the roof.
It also resulted in completely incorrect impression being given of the
Australian population on an international basis, because the whole world
now thinks we are a bunch of wife beaters....

All so the Police Force could look more efficient at Budget allocation
time...

In other words, what the police force gained in budget allocation, the
economy lost in overseas credibility amongst our international peers.

Oh yeah, Australia, used to be famous for it's Blondes, Beaches and
Beer. But now I hear that they all beat their wives. In fact I think I
heard one of the Blondes say the word Bloody.... Boy, The Global
Financial Crisis must have hit Oz hard huh ?

And boys and girls, all the Tourists went to New Zealand instead and
they all lived happily ever after.  The End.

Good thing that was a fairy story.
Can you imagine what would happen if that was real ?

/body