[LINK] India's proposed UID card

Ash Nallawalla ash at melbpc.org.au
Thu May 19 09:20:57 AEST 2011

A blog by an Australian Indian who is a privacy advocate:

http://aadhararticles.blogspot.com/

Extract: Living in Australia, I have been opposed to the concept of
universal ID cards for decades. When I learnt about the UID project in
India, I could not believe or accept that India was going down the path
abandoned by Australia, Britain and America. Instead of listening to voices
of dissent, the government of India has appointed a tech czar who is copying
an ID card model from Mexico, of all countries. Why should we emulate a
model from a country, which is for all practical purposes is controlled by
drug lords?