[LINK] It's Queensland - (sorry to Qlders)

rene rene.ln at libertus.net
Thu May 19 12:35:16 AEST 2011

On Thu, 19 May 2011 10:33:18 +1000, Noel Butler wrote:
> it's also
> why I have not read a newspaper in 20 odd years, and why I still take
> digital media at half face value (because of selective editing to the
> bits only that grab attention)

Obviously it's your choice as to whether you do or don't want to make any
effort to become informed of what happened - suggest don't assume that
everyone else has only read sound grabs.

> Perhaps its why, at least in Qld many media conferences are becoming
> available in full on youtube, so people can actually get the full
> picture of what was said and in what context, I'd rather waste the 20
> minutes there, then the 30-60 sec cut downs we get on tele or the 10
> sec cut downs on radio, or the selective printed statements in a
> paper.

Well, thanks to "digital media", and a person on this list, a media
interview/conference with Snr Qld police officer, was streamed live and
subsequently made available in 'archived' format. In addition, Fairfax has
published a long transcript of the police interview of Ben Grubb. Ah, yes,
they could have edited it, who'd know, but imo it's extremely unlikely, in
all the circumstances, that Fairfax would publish a transcript of a police
interview that's misleading.

Irene