[LINK] Even Though the Evidence is that LTE Spectrum Doesn't Work....

Tom Koltai tomk at unwired.com.au
Sat May 28 15:51:11 AEST 2011

Of course I do. If they drag back all the Spectrum from ANR, the TV
stations, the Radio Stations, and all other commercial users, convince
everyone in Australia to connect a pico cell to every room of their
homes...

Then I believe that Tony Abbott may be right if every Australian is
happy with about 8 Mbit's.
But then again, Spectrum has nothing to do with who will be our next
Prime Minister.

Unless they release the spectrum to entrepreneurial use... Then of
course Australia could save 43 billion for building out the NBN....

Let me see, one billion from the sale of spectrum versus 43 billion
saved... Hmmmm. Seems like an easy sum. Let's see which political party
works out the answer first.
Could be an election changer.

Again, could someone please tell me why Government doesnt hire truly
independent experts ?

/body