[LINK] Oregon uses iPad for voting yesterday

David Boxall david.boxall at hunterlink.net.au
Thu Nov 10 10:03:54 AEDT 2011

On 10/11/2011 6:37 AM, Richard Chirgwin wrote:
> On 10/11/11 1:01 AM, Rick Welykochy wrote:
>> Interesting how finnicky banks and tax depts are about providing secure
>> access to their services.
>>
>> Surely our democratic votes are at least as precious.
>>
>> The way electronic voting currently treats our franchise, well that of
>> Americans, is a blot on our hallowed concept of democracy.
> At least as precious.
>
> One of the many stupid and pernicious things about the e-voting push is
> that a significant number of those developing such systems in the US
> would themselves be non-participants; given that only a bit over half of
> Americans bother voting.
It would be easy to see a conspiracy here. The ease with which an
election could be corrupted, when your vote goes into a black box and
the result comes out with no real way to be confident that the output
matches the input, for example. I reckon it's most likely attributable
to stupidity and thoughtlessness.

And the black box makers see profits.

--
David Boxall                         | "Cheer up" they said.
http://david.boxall.id.au            | So I cheered up and,