[LINK] Jobs not all bad

Stephen Wilson swilson at lockstep.com.au
Sat Oct 8 19:20:23 AEDT 2011

On 8/10/2011 4:00 PM, Fred Pilcher wrote:
>  On 10/08/2011 03:16 PM, Stephen Wilson wrote:
>
> > And the issues Fred, the issues?
>
>  With pleasure:
>
>  "Fred himself adopts an ironically cultish tone."
>
>  I'd need a little more indication of what you mean before I can
>  respond to "cultish". How so?

What strikes me as cultish is the knowing superiority with which you
dismiss all of Apple's innovation as mere 'marketing'.  It's like the
arbitrary arguments between theoretical and experimental physicists on
"the Big Bang Theory".  Except that's satirical.

A cynica says there's nothing new under the sun. One person's innovation
is another's marketing.  If Jobs only ever repackaged existing
technologies then by the same token, nothing much has changed in
hardware since Babbage, and software has stood still Lovelace.

The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about,
eh purists?

- Steve

Lockstep
http://lockstep.com.au.