[LINK] Augmented Reality Re: RFI: 'Footpath' Customer Phone Tracking

Marghanita da Cruz marghanita at ramin.com.au
Fri Oct 14 15:35:57 AEDT 2011

Richard Chirgwin wrote:
<snip>
> I suspect there's more than that to mounting a man-in-the-middle between
> mobile phone and network - busting the over-the-air encryption for
> example. But if you're right the Pathfinder doesn't change anything: how
> do you know you're logged into a real base station and not a fake one,
> at any time?
<snip>

I guess there will come a time when crims will provide mobile networks for
free...or maybe they could just offer free wifi.

On a tangent, for my walks, someone suggested I implement it in augmented
reality, which, I understand, is a system where your phone provides you
with information relevant to your location.

Has anyone had any experience with this?

I have a few walks on Google Maps...not sure if they are available as an
augmented reality.

eg http://ramin.com.au/annandale/annandale-to-sydney.shtml

Marghanita
--