[LINK] The Cyber White Paper

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Sat Oct 22 08:31:56 AEDT 2011

On 21/10/11 09:10, Marghanita da Cruz wrote:
> FWIW my comment is still awaiting moderation ...

To post you are now required to hold a "Certificate for Responsible
Active Posting - On-line Networks", abbreviated to: CRAP-ON  ;-)

>> The capability of Directors and Office Bearers to meet their
>> obligations in relation to privacy laws would be assisted with the
>> implementation of a Responsible Collection and Management of Data
>> Certificate ...

Yes, there are training courses for the staff who implement the systems
to handle records, but few for their bosses.

While it is intended for public servants, company directors are welcome
to enroll in my "Electronic Document and Records Management":
http://cs.anu.edu.au/courses/COMP7420/

The current draft of the notes are at: http://www.tomw.net.au/emanagement/

The ANU now runs executive short courses and I am looking at redesigning
the course for that format:
http://publicpolicy.anu.edu.au/education/courses.php

There will also be a session on records management courses at the
National Archives of Australia, 10 November 2011, in Canberra (more
details closer to the event).

--
Tom Worthington FACS CP HLM, TomW Communications Pty Ltd. t: 0419496150
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617, Australia  http://www.tomw.net.au

Adjunct Senior Lecturer, Research School of Computer Science,
Australian National University http://cs.anu.edu.au/courses/COMP7310/