[LINK] Balance the enemy of facts (was Re: Jobs not all bad)

David Boxall david.boxall at hunterlink.net.au
Sat Oct 22 15:36:42 AEDT 2011

On 21/10/2011 12:38 PM, Stephen Wilson wrote:
> I wonder if right-wing bias is explained by an inability to understand
> the Prisoner's Dilemna, and the consequential and inevitable Tragedies
> of the Commons that bedevil most of the planet? ...

The "Tragedy of the Commons" is frequently debunked. For example:
<http://links.org.au/node/595>.

The essay under that title, written by a misanthropic eugenicist, is
commonly(!) employed to justify appropriating property held in common by
the poor, for the benefit of the rich. The British system of Commons'
operated well for centuries, only breaking down when the greedy and
already rich decided to steal the common property. What has degraded in
us that we can no longer cooperate, as our forebears did?

--
David Boxall                    |  I have seen the past
http://david.boxall.id.au       |               --TJ Hooker