[LINK] Respecting Jobs

grove at zeta.org.au grove at zeta.org.au
Mon Oct 24 11:00:25 AEDT 2011

On Sun, 23 Oct 2011, Fernando Cassia wrote:

> " I have this huge library of Ogg Vorbis files I want to listen to,
> but for some really(!) strange reason there is no Ogg Vorbis support
> for the iPod? Why? It is a free file format (as in no patents) and
> offers better sound quality pr. mb. Please, help me get my iPod
> playing my Ogg Vorbis files!!"
>
> https://discussions.apple.com/thread/1808000?start=0&tstart=0
> Archive: http://pages.citebite.com/o1k1b5x5u6cwi
>
> Answer:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPod#Software
>
> "Alternative open-source audio formats, such as Ogg Vorbis and FLAC,
> are not supported on IPods without installing custom firmware onto an
> iPod (e.g., Rockbox)."

Another excellent reason to jailbreak. Although I do not think I have ever encountered
an ogg/vorbis file in the wild although I always compile support for into whatever wants it.

rachel

--
Rachel Polanskis                 Kingswood, Greater Western Sydney, Australia
grove at zeta.org.au                http://www.zeta.org.au/~grove/grove.html