[LINK] Free Norton Android App

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Sat Sep 3 00:13:41 AEST 2011

Perhaps of interest, Norton have a free malware etc Android app. It rates
quite well on app market sites, eg 4.09/5 and 4.1/5 at www.appbrain.com &
market.android.com ..

--
Norton Mobile Security

<http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Mobile-Security/NMS-Lite-Launching-
on-the-Android-Market/td-p/508474>

Mark Kanok, Symantec Employee

NMS Lite Launching on the Android Market.

Hi Folks,

Thanks to all our forum users for all your ongoing support!  I’m very
excited to announce the availability of Norton Mobile Security Lite on
the Android Market ..

We are releasing Norton Mobile Security Lite, a free security application
for Android-based smartphones and its key features include:

• Remote Lock – Remotely lock your lost or stolen device via SMS text and
prevent strangers from seeing your private information or running up your
mobile bill.

• Anti-Malware – Scans all files and app updates downloaded to the mobile
device and automatically detects and removes threats without slowing you
down.

• Automatic LiveUpdate – Automatically downloads and installs security
updates keeping you a step ahead of cybercriminals.

For users who want additional protections such as the ability to:

• remotely locate or wipe their device;
• block unwanted calls or text messages; or
• block phishing websites used to steal personal information and money,
there is an option to upgrade to the full featured Norton Mobile Security
for an annual subscription price of $29.99USD.

Mark from SYMC
--

Cheers,
Stephen