[LINK] My Prescience Index is slipping

Roger Clarke Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au
Fri Sep 23 10:07:21 AEST 2011

At an ANU seminar a couple of months back, I used this slide:

              Will Consumers Come to be Banned From
            Owning General-Purpose Computing Devices?

          Some powerful groups might like to achieve it

-   Copyright-Dependent Corporations
-   Government Censors
-   The Moral Minority, who want governments to extend censorship
     to whatever content the moral minority thinks the majority
     shouldn't have access to
-   (Dominant) Computing Device Providers
-   Law Enforcement & National Security Agencies (LEANs)
-  'Fraud Experts'

Read on (posted by Lauren Weinstein):