[LINK] This makes me angry.

Michael Skeggs mike@bystander.net mskeggs at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 09:34:16 AEST 2012

Wikipedia allows that mining employs 129,000 Australians.
That $3b subsidy equates to $23k per job.
Could that $23k be better spent alternatives such as training or other
means to enhance our international competitiveness, or is the smart
thing to do subsidising diesel?
I would suggest that a "paltry" $3b makes no difference to whether the
mines are built, but could make a significant long term difference by,
for example, sponsoring 20,000 engineering degrees each year.
Regards,
Michael Skeggs