[LINK] Access to Facebook by prospective employers

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Sun Apr 8 09:24:35 AEST 2012

This article on Huffpost is by a small businessman who says he needs
to see the FB page of job applicants so he can know as much about
them as possible in case they might be offensive.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/gene-marks/facebook-privacy_b_1399641.html?ref=technology&ir=Technology

The commenters have it right:  the applicants should ask for his at
the same time and see what he thinks, oh, and those of his kids
because he is the authority figure after all. The author already
admits he doesn't 'go there' because his kids are so out of control.

Think about what employees (and football clubs?) might have found if
they had looked at the Energy Watch guys' social network stuff.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/