[LINK] WP: The Pentagon is turned on by eWar

grove at zeta.org.au grove at zeta.org.au
Wed Apr 11 10:37:38 AEST 2012

On Wed, 11 Apr 2012, Bernard Robertson-Dunn wrote:

> On 11/04/2012 9:04 AM, Roger Clarke wrote:
>> [Dr Evenstrangerlove? 'C'mon, let's eNuke them Commies!'.
>>
>> [The US is a seriously creepy country.]
>>

>> Mission possible: Pentagon ramps up development of cyberweapons
>>

> Maybe the USA could spend a bit of money making sure it's government
> systems are not so fragile that they easily fall over given a little
> push. It's not much use having macho cyberweapons if your defences are
> vulnerable.

So are they still using Microsoft systems for this sort of thing?
Why doesn't the US govt invest in their own GovOS platform that could
be designed by the NSA to be secure out of the box and with only a few
compatibility layers (eg for doc exchange and so on) to stop virus propagation
and infitration?    Or perhaps GovOS could be something run on their network
switches to dynamically block attacks or exploits etc.

I am sure the money saved on MS licenses could fund an R&D division to do this,
instead of spending buckets of money on substandard software that requires
large teams to support and maintain it.....

rachel

--
Rachel Polanskis                 Kingswood, Greater Western Sydney, Australia
grove at zeta.org.au                http://www.zeta.org.au/~grove/grove.html