[LINK] Computer experts queasy about medical records going online.

David Boxall david.boxall at hunterlink.net.au
Tue Apr 17 10:50:59 AEST 2012

On 16/04/2012 6:39 PM, Kim Holburn wrote:
> http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-04-16/e-healths-security-questioned/3952818
>
>> Experts question eHealth security
>>
>> Updated April 16, 2012 15:12:41
>>
>> Some doctors and computer experts have raised concerns about the safety of the Government's new electronic health records system.
>
> Apparently this is an opt-in system.  Whew.
>
> According to one of the ehealth proponents patients having a login makes the system secure!!!!!

Breathtaking, isn't it? Political imperatives ensure that it will be
done. Human frailties ensure that it will be done badly. When the
fertiliser impacts the ventilator, watch for mass arse-covering.

I believe electronic records are necessary and inevitable.
Unfortunately, exeprience leads me to conclude that the implementation
will be abysmal.

--
David Boxall                    |  Dogs look up to us
                                |  And cats look down on us
http://david.boxall.id.au       |  But pigs treat us as equals
                                                    --Winston Churchill