[LINK] ACCAN conference

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Wed Aug 22 16:56:06 AEST 2012

I don't think I"ve seen this posted on Link:

Subject: Invitation to Register for the ACCAN 2012 National Conference

The ACCAN 2012 National Conference will be held
on September 5th-6th at the Aerial UTS Function
Centre in Ultimo, Sydney. This year’s theme is Delivering for Consumers.

Over the last year the telecommunications
landscape has changed significantly: we have seen
the National Broadband Network start to become a
reality, the enthusiastic take up of tablets and
smartphones, and a new Telecommunications
Consumer Protections Code. To bring this into
focus, the event will feature a wide variety of
speakers from government, industry, regulatory
authorities and consumer groups to present
different – and sometimes opposing – ideas and
perspectives on whether the market is, or is not, delivering for consumers.

The stellar line-up of speakers includes:

    * Minister for Broadband, Communications and
the Digital Economy, Senator Stephen Conroy;
    * Australian Communications & Media Authority Chair, Chris Chapman;
    * First Assistant Secretary, Department of
Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, Keith Besgrove;
    * Communications Alliance Chief Executive Officer, John Stanton;
    * Market Clarity Chief Executive Officer, Shara Evans;
    * Anittel Chief Executive Officer Peter Kazacos; and
    * Executive Director, Institute for a
Broadband Enabled Society (IBES), University of Melbourne, Dr Kate Cornick.

<http://www.regonline.com.au/builder/site/Default.aspx?EventID=1083685>View
full program for ACCAN 2012 National Conference

On the first day of the conference ACCAN will be
revealing the results of its first national
survey of telecommunications consumers, which
will not only identify key consumer concerns
about their services but insights into the impact
of smartphones on our social lives and psychological well-being.

On Day 2, there will again be a popular Q&A-style
discussion hosted by ABC journalist Lexi
Metherell about competition in the new NBN
environment featuring senior representatives from
the ACCC, iiNet, Telstra and Optus.

Day 2 will also include an exciting innovation: a
consumer oriented Technology Expo. ACCAN’s TEXPO
is not the usual trade show, but a targeted, in
depth showcase of carefully selected technologies
of interest to a broad range of consumers.

If you require further information regarding the
ACCAN 2012 National Conference, please email
<mailto:events at accan.org.au>events at accan.org.au
or phone Kelly Lindsay on (02) 9288 4000 or TTY (02) 9281 5322.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com

Our truest response to the irrationality of the
world is to paint or sing or write, for only in such response do we find truth.
~Madeline L'Engle, writer