[LINK] Etax 'cannibal'

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Sun Aug 26 12:38:06 AEST 2012

Just read a discussion in another group about an accountant in
Queensland who has put up a website:

www.etax.com.au
versuse
www.etax.gov.au

The first is an online website where you enter your financial data
into their system on their website.
The second is the AU gov traditional software download, fill in your
stuff, check it, then send to the ATO.

The reason this was discovered was via Google search for --ato
etax--. The sponsored link comes up first.

How many people do you know who a) pick the first link in the results
without reading and b) ignore the .com versus .gov difference?

Any ATO folks on link who think this is worth looking into?

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/